Innovative is looking to fill open Technical Product owner position who will be directly interacting with T-Mobile Product management and technical leads from other domains to gather requirements(mainly around solution integration) in alignment with product vision. He or she will act as the proxy between product management, other functional applications/domains and the development team to bridge the gap and ensure Product requirements get turned in fully closed user stories that are well matured for development consumption.
Business and Technical Execution
• Develops deep understanding of customer experience.
• Builds and maintains Agile (Scrum / Sprint) team backlog (team backlog consists mostly of user stories, it also includes defects and enablers.)
• Collaborates with Agile team and stakeholders to writes user stories and requirements that include acceptance criteria and acceptance tests.
• Reviews and prioritizes Agile Team backlog for Iteration (Sprint) Planning, including coordination of dependencies with other Product Owners.
• Reviews and assesses enabler work, understand the scope of the upcoming enabler work and collaborate with System and Solution Architect/Engineering to assist with decision-making and sequencing of the technical infrastructures that will host the new business functionality.
• Reviews and accepts completed user stories for each iteration (sprint)
• Primary resource (and source of truth / single point of contact) to Technical (Dev) team and Customer team for user story details. Highly available to technical team during iteration (sprint) in order to answer real time questions and provide clarity to user stories.
• Manages and maintains efficient flow of just-in-time story elaboration activities (user story refinement) throughout team execution, typically maintaining 2 iterations (sprints) worth user stories available and ready in team backlog.
• Participates in team demo with primary responsibility of reviewing and accepting completed stories (PO is the only team member who can accept as done). This includes validation that the story meets acceptance criteria and has the appropriate, persistent acceptance tests, and that it otherwise complies with the team’s Definition of Done (DoD).
• Participates in Iteration Retrospective, where the teams gather to improve their processes and are active in the Agile Release Train’s (ART’s) Inspect and Adapt (I&A) workshop.
• Coordinates user story, functional, and technical dependencies with other Product Owners throughout each iteration and Program Increment. This is often done in weekly PO sync meetings.
• The PO also has an instrumental role in producing the System Demo for program and Value Stream stakeholders.
• Accountable and responsible for user story quality and performance in production environment.
• Identifies execution or operational issues that impede product success. Work to change or resolve issues (within sphere of influence).
• Recognizes technical challenges and makes educated trade-offs with the team.
• Runs PO sync meeting with other PO’s on larger / scaled ART.
• Supports and helps Product Manager create and manage product vision and technical roadmap, primarily related to working scope.
1. 6+ years of relevant Product Management, Product Owner, Business Analyst, and System Analyst or Architecture/Software Engineer experience in an agile software product development environment. Advanced level understanding of customer experience
2. Strong requirements elicitation, and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences.
3. Experience with Agile backlog/project management tools.
4. Functional knowledge of T-Mobile ecosystem, high level process flows and key domain interactions
5. Technically sound knowledge of creating UI and API requirements.
a. Swagger creation
b. Reviewing swaggers from other domains
c. Identify key dependences integration dependencies
d. Creating L2 sequence diagrams
e. Understand NFRs required for creating the integrations
f. Good functional knowledge of SOAP/REST services
6. Understand the overall application flows and be able to articulate it well to other domains and developers
7. Able to create good technical US for the development teams
Relationship & People, Professional Development
• Develops positive working relationships with Customer groups or Customer Representatives.
• Collaborates and develops positive working relationships with many technical and non-technical teams, including sales, commercial accounting, marketing, legal, go-to-market, and finance. Works with outside partners and other third parties.
• Develops PO / Agile related methodology and adoption tools and training material.
• Trains customer / customer representatives in Agile methodology, specifically user story development and refining processes.
• Mentors, coaches and guides other Product Owners. Helps lead Product Owner COP.
Nice to have skills
1. Prior development experience building APIs/Microservices
2. Prior experience on cloud based environments
3. Familiarity with ARD modeling tool
- Work Authorization H1B, H4EAD, GC EAD, GC, USC
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 4-8