Note: This position is for Local to Seattle resources only
The System Design Engineer’s role is to design, validate and deploy technical solutions to maintain, enhance, and evolve the Mobile Network and Systems. Specific tasks may include the development and maintenance of designs for the network, applications, data centers, connectivity, validation plans, monitoring systems, reporting systems and engineering tools. The priority of these designs is to maximize reliability, performance, and efficiency while limiting costs and time to market. Responsibilities may include the evaluation and translation of requirements into design, evaluate design benefits and tradeoffs, validate design compliance and support deployment of the design to ensure the requirements were met.
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Technical System Expertise: Understands system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to independently complete appropriate network designs. Understands the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete design work. Independent study of current technology is expected.
- Technical Engineering Services: Supports engineering projects by active contribution to the application of engineering techniques; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations. Expected to supervise associate engineers on occasion. Contributes to procedures and processes to validate and enhance and optimize network. Performs validation tests and inspection techniques and effectively documents results.
- Innovation: Presents new ideas which improve an existing system/process/service. Question and express new perspectives based on independent study of the industry trends and benefits. Review current company processes, highlight questions, and review with mentors to explore process refinement.
- Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Contributes clear documentation on systems used. Able to document systems designs and business requirements. Provides technical data for incorporation into internal presentations.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system expertise to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns new technologies.
- Technology Strategy: Understands current technology that supports business goals.
- Supplemental Region/Market Functions: o Strategic end to end dimensioning, planning and performance of the network o Development of optimization features and processes o Provides capacity plans and performance reports o Provides regular performance reports for nodes, interfaces, and services across o Supports performance related lab and FOA activities o Systems Engineering and design of Mobile’s Network o Feasibility analysis of new technologies, products, features, and services o In depth analysis (both fiscal and technical) and design of new features and technologies o Development and deployment of network technology software/automation reporting and tools to meet internal customer and business requirements to Collect, process and evaluate market/regional analytics to identify further business CAPEX spend and OPEX Savings
- 2+ Years Technical engineering experience
Able to communicate goals in support of the business’ mission.
Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers’ needs.
The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Understanding of IN and Charging Architecture, technologies, and concepts, preferably knowledge/experience with Ericsson Charging Node such CCN, SDP, Converge Charging.
- Understanding of End-to-End provision & understanding of Prepaid Lifecycle and Postpaid Bill Cycle/Rerating concept.
- Understanding of GSM/UMTS/LTE and wireless system protocols including CAMEL, SCAP, DIAMETER, and/or SIP
- Basic knowledge on Operating System (Solaris, Unix, Linux), databases & Scripting.
Education – Minimum Required.
- Bachelor’s degree. Engineering/Computer Science
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer.
- Work Authorization H1B, GC EAD, GC, USC
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 9-13