Note to applicants & Employers Applying
- Looking for real time Mid-level experienced resources only.
- Employers please register as employers and apply only for your W2 employees and are H1B.
- Do not apply if you do not have mandatory skills as posted.
Innovative client is a worldwide organization on the cutting edge of the digital industry. Client has the engine that powers the buying and selling of digital products across all aspects of our digital portfolio including our high-growth search engine. Client is hiring talented contractors, who are highly motivated and productive individuals with expertise in the areas of: Computer Science, Machine Learning, Econometrics, Statistics, Modeling, Simulation and Data Mining. The team develops and applies advanced techniques to turn our petabytes of data into insights; and to drive actions based on those insights.
Develop and manage analyses and algorithms that generate actionable insights and programs for Client demand generation activities including increasing both long-term revenue and relevance. Research and develop solutions for improving profits for Client and returning value to the audience, advertisers and publishers (e.g. Ecosystem health, marketplace performance measurement, advertiser health, outlier detection, etc.).
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Work with key business stakeholders to understand the underlying business needs and formulate the needs into discrete, manageable problems with well-defined measurable objectives and outcomes.
- Identify and apply the appropriate methods/tools to efficiently collect, clean, and prepare massive volumes of data for analysis.
- Transform formulated problems into implementations plans for experiments by defining success metrics, applying/creating the appropriate methods, algorithms, and tools, as well as delivering statistically valid and reliable results.
- Develop new predictive and prescriptive models using advanced statistical and machine learning techniques with a goal of productionizing solutions.
- Influence stakeholders to make product/service improvements that yield customer/business value by effectively making compelling cases through storytelling, visualizations, and other influencing tools.
- Identify and analyze the applicability and scalability of innovative data science methods, algorithms, and tools from within Microsoft and from the scientific literature to create/test solutions that deliver value to customer and business.
- Learn and understand a broad range of data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to at any given time.
- Build analytics to measure program impact, identify trends and anomalies, and influence marketing program investments.
- Own the delivery of the reporting and insights on a regular cadence to the stakeholders and senior leadership teams.
- Understanding and proactively communicating factors affecting content performance to stakeholders by partnering with business leaders, other analysts and data engineering teams.
- Ensuring insights are both actionable and measurable and you should be able to build these insights and hypothesis with awareness of practical implementation and implications for the business.
- Partnering with our Digital Analytics and Data Engineering teams to ensure robust and accurate data capture and continuous improvement of data available for both analytics and the wider business.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with and influence business teams in order to drive alignment.
Knowledge sharing through presentations at regional, channel and business wide events, as well as building relationships with analytics teams across the group.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an analytical area such as Computer Science, Management information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar field preferred.
Minimum of 8 – 9 years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of managing data science projects including: problem definition, solution formulation, model building, productionizing and delivering measurable impact.
- Hands on experience in COSMOS Scope scripting.
- Experience with online data; experience with online-advertising data strongly preferred.
Demonstrated ability to manage own projects or programs including work prioritization, planning, and coordination.
- Strong communication and data presentation skills, experience analyzing data and communicating the results to senior business leaders.
- Ability to work cross-functionally, building and maintaining trust with internal stakeholders
Solid SQL skills are a requirement – hands on use of big data in large projects using Power BI, Azure/AWS, Data Bricks, Presto or Spark.
- Proven experience of using R (or similar tools) to structure, transform and visualize big data.
Need a data scientist who has ability to present to Senior Leadership all the findings and recommendations.
- Proven ability to solve complex quantitative business challenges; experience in the development and measurement of multi-variant testing is a plus.
- Work Authorization H1B, H4EAD, GC EAD, GC, USC
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 4-8