Innovative is looking to fill open MDM Technical Product owner position who will be directly interacting with T-Mobile Product management and technical leads from other domains to gather requirements(mainly around solution integration) in alignment with product vision. He or she will act as the proxy between product management, other functional applications/domains and the development team to bridge the gap and ensure Product requirements get turned in fully closed user stories that are well matured for development consumption.
Business and Technical Execution
- Work on Siebel data model.
- Work on Data Mapping skills from all the external data source into UCM
- Develops deep understanding of customer experience.
- Builds and maintains Agile (Scrum / Sprint) team backlog (team backlog consists mostly of user stories, it also includes defects and enablers.)
- Collaborates with Agile team and stakeholders to writes user stories and requirements that include acceptance criteria and acceptance tests.
- Reviews and prioritizes Agile Team backlog for Iteration (Sprint) Planning, including coordination of dependencies with other Product Owners.
- Reviews and assesses enabler work, understand the scope of the upcoming enabler work and collaborate with System and Solution Architect/Engineering to assist with decision-making and sequencing of the technical infrastructures that will host the new business functionality.
- Reviews and accepts completed user stories for each iteration (sprint)
- Primary resource (and source of truth / single point of contact) to Technical (Dev) team and Customer team for user story details. Highly available to technical team during iteration (sprint) in order to answer real time questions and provide clarity to user stories.
- Manages and maintains efficient flow of just-in-time story elaboration activities (user story refinement) throughout team execution, typically maintaining 2 iterations (sprints) worth user stories available and ready in team backlog.
- Participates in team demo with primary responsibility of reviewing and accepting completed stories (PO is the only team member who can accept as done). This includes validation that the story meets acceptance criteria and has the appropriate, persistent acceptance tests, and that it otherwise complies with the team’s Definition of Done (DoD).
- Participates in Iteration Retrospective, where the teams gather to improve their processes and are active in the Agile Release Train’s (ART’s) Inspect and Adapt (I&A) workshop.
- Coordinates user story, functional, and technical dependencies with other Product Owners throughout each iteration and Program Increment. This is often done in weekly PO sync meetings.
- The PO also has an instrumental role in producing the System Demo for program and Value Stream stakeholders.
- Accountable and responsible for user story quality and performance in production environment.
- Identifies execution or operational issues that impede product success. Work to change or resolve issues (within sphere of influence).
- Recognizes technical challenges and makes educated trade-offs with the team.
- Runs PO sync meeting with other PO’s on larger / scaled ART.
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Supports and helps Product Manager create and manage product vision and technical roadmap
- Telecom industry experience.
- Knowledge/good understanding on Siebel data model.
- Data Mapping skills from all the external data source into UCM (Customer HUB)
- Thorough understanding of database schema, tables and their attributes
- Take the lead of scrum teams as the Product Owner
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
- Define product vision, road-map and growth opportunities
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Lead the planning product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills a must
Nice to have:
- Hands-on data analysis and profiling skills is a plus
- Familiarity with a SQL is a plus
- Functional knowledge on Oracle Data Quality is a huge plus
- Exposure to Cloud/Microservices is a big plus
- Work Authorization H1B, GC EAD, GC, USC
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 9-13