Innovative Edge TCS is currently looking to hire a Confluent Kafka Expert to join our client in Seattle, WA or Frisco, TX. The selected individual will be responsible for coaching and guiding teams on concepts, practices and values to help protect the team from internal/external barriers and distractions. IETCS LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Expected Duration : 12+ months
Location : Seattle, WA or Frisco, TX
Interview : 2 rounds of WebEx or Video Call
Work Authorization : C2C – for H1B (H1B with validity at least 1 year of expiration). If H1B is work Authorization – Passport copy mandatory.) & W2 : GC / USC
As a Confluent Kafka Expert you will participate in all aspects of the Agile development lifecycle which includes LOE (level of effort), technical design, setup, administration,Monitoring, unit testing, documentation, peer review, deployment and support of application. As a member of development team, you need to work with Scrum Master, Analysts, Solution Architects, developers, testers on interpretation or translation of wireframes and creative designs into functional specifications, and subsequently into technical specifications and design.
Confluent Kafka Expert
- Standing up and administer on premise Kafka cluster.
- Ability to architect and create reference architecture for Kafka Implementation standards
- Provide expertise in Kafka brokers, zookeepers, Kafka connect, schema registry, KSQL, Sync Connect, Source Connect, Rest proxy and Kafka Control center.
- Ensure optimum performance, high availability and stability of solutions.
- Create topics, setup redundancy cluster, deploy monitoring tools, alerts and has good knowledge of best practices.
- Create stubs for producers, consumers and consumer groups for helping onboard applications from different languages/platforms.
- Provide administration and operations of the Kafka platform like provisioning, access lists Kerberos and SSL configurations.
- Golden Gate Replication and streaming of Delta load
- Use automation tools like provisioning using Docker, Jenkins and GitLab.
- Ability to perform data related benchmarking, performance analysis and tuning.
- Strong skills in In-memory applications, Database Design, Data Integration.
- Involve in design and capacity review meetings to provide suggestion in Kafka usage.
- Solid knowledge of monitoring tools and fine-tuning alerts on Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana ,Splunk.
- Setting up security on Kafka.
- Providing naming conventions, Backup & Recovery and problem determination strategies for the projects.
- Monitor, prevent and troubleshoot security related issues.
- Provide strategic vision in engineering solutions that touch the messaging queue aspect of the infrastructure
- 10+ years overall IT experience
- 3 – 5 years of Rabbit MQ experience
- 3-5 years demonstrated proficiency and experience in design, implementation, monitoring, and troubleshooting Kafka messaging infrastructure.
- Hands on experience on recovery in Kafka.
- 2 or more years of experience in developing/customizing messaging related monitoring tools/utilities.
- Overall 3+ Years of experience in architecting Kafka systems on Hybrid Cloud – AWS, Confluent, and Pivotal cloud foundry.
- Should have worked with Kafka brokers, Zookeeper, Topics, connectors, KSQL, Zookeeper, Sync Connect, Source Connect for
- Setup and administration
- Cluster management
- HA & DR
- Experience using Golden Gate & streaming Delta from GG.
- 1+ Years of experience in Agile & JIRA
- Working Knowledge on Linux systems
- Working knowledge of Ansible & Automation
- Knowledge of Kubernetes is plus
- Knowledge of Java is plus
- Establishing Kafka best practices Nice to have
Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Work Authorization H1B, GC, USC
- Experience Level Senior